Saturday, February 7, 2015

My Class Notes from today's Winged Hills Collegium event

 Today I taught another Introduction to Blackwork Embroidery at the Winged Hills' Collegium event. The class had a good turnout for the number of students. My apologies for forgetting to bring my binder which has various samples of blackwork embroidery as it was used during the Tudor era.

Here are portraits and website links to the portraits of some of the pictures I have in my binder collection:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
graphic of designs from the 16th century Italian Sampler
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Blackwork Embroidery « Save the Stitches!  Learn Blackwork embroidery with guides at Nordic Needle.  #blackwork #spanishwork #stitching #howto #embroidery #needlework
 
 
 
 
 
0_3c026_4b19d004_XL
 
 
 
 
A website to visit for various blackwork patterns is at http://www.blackworkarchives.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment