Sunday, December 3, 2017

My Experience at the Craftsperson's Faire at Christmas Tourney

Yesterday, I displayed my blackwork embroidery projects at the Craftsperson's Faire at Christmas Tourney. The webpage link to the event is https://christmastourney.weebly.com/. I received many compliments on my display and my work. As each entrant was given 3 feet of space on a table, I had to get creative in making some of my pieces more vertical, so that I could show off more of my work. In the end, I still had to pick and choose which projects that I wanted to display the most.

There were many challenges for the entrants. I won the challenge for the Best Garb Accessory. I am very happy about winning this challenge and quite proud of my work.

The one thing that I wish I could have done differently was to have more time to sit with my display, in case there were any questions and/or anyone was interested in learning how to do blackwork embroidery. As it was, I chose not to spend more time with my project because I'm also a mother with two children who were quite interested in participating in youth combat fighting and archery (a parent or guardian must be present while they participate in these activities). However, I have enough confidence in my work that I believe my display demonstrated my capabilities without my presence being necessarily needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment