Thursday, November 23, 2023

9 Years Ago, I Taught My First RUM Class

RUM is also known as the Royal University of the Midrealm. In 2014, I taught my first RUM class (held at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign that year), which was Introduction to Blackwork Embroidery. My notes from this class were later posted on my blog here



Picture credit: E. Appland


The first part of my class hasn't changed much (providing a quick history). Looking at the questions that I was asked in the class makes me proud to say that I now use a slate frame for my embroidery (but will still use a hoop frame if I need something small and transportable, as my slate frame is 15x15 inches and doesn't fit inside my purse). 

If anything, I just think it's neat to go down memory lane and see how much I've grown / improved over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment